Block of Life
A downloadable blocks for Windows and macOS
All updates will be done through this file and so the final game will this file.
CONTROLS = Controls.txt
A game/ simulation where you play as god and inflict your will on to the creatures that live in the world.
The aim of this simulation is to allow players to understand how the concept of life came into being, with the added input of environmental changes. The simulation aims to identify the key aspects of what constitutes and creates successful species. The successfulness of species will be measured by the number of creatures which share the similarities of the DNA of a particular creature i.e. the number of offspring of that species. The simulation allows players to control a world by creating creatures and regulating environmental parameters e.g. temperature, water and air density. Players will be able to control the creatures themselves and inflict their own will upon the creatures.
The game has some bugs.
- Each creature has its own behaviour set due to the physical shape and the land types the creature can climb.
- The land form is procedurally generated.
- The player can also terraform the planet, increasing water levels and therefore manipulating the terrain.
- The creatures mate and produce offspring, acquiring characteristic from their parents .i.e block formation, colouration and terrain they can climb.
Special thanks to Sebastian Lague for his free tutorial on Procedural landmass generation.
- New Version Available 2 days ago
- Demo of Evolution within the game 20 days ago
- Deployment 24 days ago
- Upload of downloadable game in early stages of development 25 days ago
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.